1.16.2014

Time to be an adult.

An ADULT. You know, the type that has a couple good friends that they see every now and then. The type that owns a home and has a dog and a fence that is so rickity that it needs replaced before it is painted white. The kind that focuses on their family. And God.

I have had a intensely hard time realizing that I am that person. Before I got pregnant with Abby we were the type that partied every weekend. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the social events and being sure that we would be hanging out with friends every weekend but I don't really feel like I miss being drunk. Anyway, when I got pregnant, the hanging out slowed and eventually, when I had Abby, came to a stop. I have had an incredibly difficult time with the fact that I'm not the person my then friends were friends with anymore. I am a different type of adult. Most of them weren't anywhere near settled down and that's their prerogative. Ryan and I were ready to take on this new part of our adult lives, they weren't and apparently they didn't want to be a part of it with us either.

It's ok though. I have slowly been coming to terms with the fact that I need to make NEW friends. The ones that are the same types as us. The ones we have things in common with. The ones that want to be in our lives.

As of right now, I am in the process of getting to know 3 local families better. I am praying that things work out with at least one of them.

I know that you can go on in life with no problems without friends but I feel like it could get old and sad eventually, especially since I already feel that way.

Have you ever had an issue like this in the military life? Maybe even NOT being in the military life? I just assume my readers are military involved because that's what my blog is supposed to be about, so my apologies if you aren't!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I hope things work out for you!